sábado, 23 de octubre de 2010
domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010
Each of you will focus your attention on a different area. Make sure you navigate the page to contextualize your reading. Remember the more you read, the easier you will find the sources.
- MARIEL: Queen Victoria (see also the Related Web sources), Victorians and Victorianism.
- IVANNA: Science (choose a general topic and a particular science), Charles Darwin.
- CANDELA: Science (choose a general topic and a particular science), Thomas Edison.
- ANALÍA: Literary genre, mode and style (choose 2 or 3 items).
- ALEJANDRA: Visual arts (general), Painting, Photography.
- LAURA: Visual arts (general), Architecture, Design.
- DAMIÁN: Technology, Transport.
- Mª JULIA: Technology, Technology, Commerce and Culture.
- GISELA: Expansion of the Empire, The British Empire
- KARINA: Political History, Corn Laws, Reform Acts, Women's Suffrage.
- CARLA: Social History, Conditions of Life and Labour, Education an the Lives of Children.
- ADRIANA:Gender Theory (choose 2 or 3 relevant topics).
**Please, remember to look up meanings and pronunciation of new words in a monolingual dictionary and a pronunciation dictionary repectively**
for FURTHER READING: Britain Express>>>>a complete site where you can find a brief introduction to English history. Very good to read BEFORE choosing your topic!!!!!
THE YOUNG VICTORIA, a film by Martin Scorsesse, released in 2009. You can't miss it!!! Click HERE for the OFFICIAL SITE of the film. You'll find the trailer and other fragments, costumes, beautiful music, and lots of more interesting things!.
lunes, 6 de septiembre de 2010
Go over these quizzes and find out how much you know about the novella Heart of Darkness
- QUIZZ #1: Choose 10 items (out of 12)
- QUIZZ #2: In ONE sentence answer the following questions
1. Identify the people on the Nellie.
2. Why is it ironic that Marlow needs his aunt’s help to secure his appointment?
3. What happened to Fresleven, one of the Company’s captains?
4. How are the two women outside the secretary’s office symbolic?
5. Name two unusual procedures at Marlow’s physical exam.
6. How did the Swede die?
7. What is unique about the chief accountant’s appearance?
8. Why was the manager successful at his job?
9. Why does Marlow call some people on the boat “pilgrims”?
10. Why does Marlow need the brickmaker’s help?
jueves, 2 de septiembre de 2010
lunes, 16 de agosto de 2010
sábado, 26 de junio de 2010
Karl Marx's work Das Kapital can be found HERE
Here you will find a very interesting STUDY GUIDE. You will find key words to each section linked to an encyclopaedia, questions for discussion, etc. I suggest that you read your section and use the study guide to clarify some issues.
Remember this is NOT a "lección oral". It is a complete class, so pay attention to parts of the class, material needed, resources available, teaching and learning strategies applied, among others.
- Adriana.....Ch 1. Section 1
- Alicia....Ch 1. Section2
- Alejandra...Ch 3
- Ivanna...Ch 3
- Candela....Ch 6
- Laura...Ch 6
- Gisela...Ch 4
- Mariel...Ch10. Section1
- Damián...Ch10. Section 7
- Carla...Ch 15. Section1
- Lorena...Ch 15.Section 2
- Analía...Ch 31
- Julia...Ch 33
- Karina...Ch 32