Each of you will focus your attention on a different area. Make sure you navigate the page to contextualize your reading. Remember the more you read, the easier you will find the sources.
- MARIEL: Queen Victoria (see also the Related Web sources), Victorians and Victorianism.
- IVANNA: Science (choose a general topic and a particular science), Charles Darwin.
- CANDELA: Science (choose a general topic and a particular science), Thomas Edison.
- ANALÍA: Literary genre, mode and style (choose 2 or 3 items).
- ALEJANDRA: Visual arts (general), Painting, Photography.
- LAURA: Visual arts (general), Architecture, Design.
- DAMIÁN: Technology, Transport.
- Mª JULIA: Technology, Technology, Commerce and Culture.
- GISELA: Expansion of the Empire, The British Empire
- KARINA: Political History, Corn Laws, Reform Acts, Women's Suffrage.
- CARLA: Social History, Conditions of Life and Labour, Education an the Lives of Children.
- ADRIANA:Gender Theory (choose 2 or 3 relevant topics).
**Please, remember to look up meanings and pronunciation of new words in a monolingual dictionary and a pronunciation dictionary repectively**
for FURTHER READING: Britain Express>>>>a complete site where you can find a brief introduction to English history. Very good to read BEFORE choosing your topic!!!!!
THE YOUNG VICTORIA, a film by Martin Scorsesse, released in 2009. You can't miss it!!! Click HERE for the OFFICIAL SITE of the film. You'll find the trailer and other fragments, costumes, beautiful music, and lots of more interesting things!.